Why Purchase Made in U.S.A.
There is no doubt it's easier and cheaper to purchase imported clothing, but is it the right thing to do?
Purchasing American Made Benefits Include;
- Jobs. The most common reason shoppers give for buying American is to help save or create jobs in the United States.
- Lower Carbon Footprint. Products made overseas have a higher carbon footprint then U.S.-made goods. Goods made in China or India have to be shipped all the way across the ocean to reach American stores, burning fossil fuel and spewing out greenhouse gases with every mile they travel.
- A Stronger Economy. Buying American-made goods doesn’t just support the workers who make those goods. Its benefits also ripple out through the entire economy. When American factories prosper, they hire American construction firms to expand their buildings, American accounting firms to handle their money, and American energy suppliers to provide them with power.
- Less Pollution. One reason it’s cheaper to make goods in developing countries is that many of them have few or no regulations to protect the health of the air and water. Many factories overseas that produce goods for export to the United States also produce large amounts of hazardous chemicals that pollute the air, water, and soil.
- Human Rights. In addition to having weaker environmental regulations, the countries that produce the goods most Americans often buy from have no laws to protect the rights of workers. This means long work days, poor working conditions, and very little pay.
Information gathered from Money Crachers LLC.